Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New 2012

I have no idea how to translate the current 40.5'Celcius into the old measurements, but I know it's bloody hot!  Very bloody hot.  


And here I am sweltering under the back verandah in the New Year's Day heat, writing this blog while the 4 year old is in his paddling pool under the walnut tree, hose running on the vegie garden to try to keep things alive, and sweat running down my back and down my face... oh the joys of parenthood, and hot days, and sleepless nights while others spent the night with music blaring... how do I know?

That'd be because I was wide awake for most of the night, my peace was shattered by the thump thump of the bass from party music at least a street away... and it was still going at breakfast time this morning, only stopping when either the Police were called, or the partygoers finally gave up & went... I don't know or care where they went, bed, home, jail... wherever.  All I cared was FINALLY the thumping in the neighbourhood stopped.  And that was waaaaaaay before the thumping in my head stopped!


Anyway, back to the story... it's hot, damn hot.  It's apparently one of the hottest New Year's Days that we've had here in Adelaide for around 100 years.

I'm off to mop my brow and crunch on ice cubes... and be very very grateful for airconditioning!

Happy New 2012!

No comments: