Friday 30 March 2012

Will it ever get any easier?

My little man has just headed off for the day with his dad who's visiting from interstate.

He's been counting down the days for a couple of months now, and the last couple of hours have been agonisingly slow for both of us.

His dad was over an hour late.  Something about breakfast taking forever...  Try explaining that to a 4.5 year old who has been sitting outside waiting for the last half an hour.

And after all the excitement and build up to the big visit (which only happen once or twice a year) the rugrat was a little 'underwhelmed', and very quiet, and very cuddly as they were leaving.

I hope they're going to have a great day...

I hope that this visit somehow meets his expectations...

I hope that he doesn't ask to come home early (like the last time)...

I hope that he doesn't call his dad's current girlfriend by one of the previous girlfriends' names...

I hope his dad appreciates how lucky he is that this small child who hardly knows him trusts him (and me) enough to go with him...

I hope that eventually, some day, it gets easier for me to wave them goodbye...




5 comments:

Irene said...

never easier dear! is a shame what we are living in the divided families... warm embrace for you . heart.
Irene

Maggie said...

No its never easier as long as you love your child(ren). Mine are grown up now but I still have a heart tug everytime they leave me. Love them while you have them.. love to you Maggie xx

Anonymous said...

I hope your little man had a great day...how lucky he is to have a brave mum too ;-)

Katrina said...

Thank you all for your kind words xx

ParisMaddy said...

He's adorable. It never gets easier.