Saturday 22 October 2011

10 Things You (Possibly) Didn't Know About Me...

If you thought you knew EVERYTHING about me, you need to check this out...



1 ~  I was almost named after a Beatles song... well actually I did end up with Michelle as my middle name... thanks to very young hippy 60's parents...



2 ~  I always thought that I procrastinated because I was a perfectionist... now I'm starting to think that maybe it's because basically I'm just plain lazy...



3 ~  I used to be a Junior Primary teacher... that was waaaaay before baby / toddler / small child brain took over... and I used to think I liked kids... I now know that's only because they went home at 3.30pm...


4 ~ I met my current lovely partner via Facebook after not seeing him for over 30 years... we went to Kindy together and our parents still live across the road from each other... gotta love FB... and we are now living in the house that my Grandparents built and lived in after the war...



5 ~  I like pretty things, and sparkly things, and old things, and useless things, and kooky things, and quirky things, and book things and living things... plants, cats, dogs (not spiders & cockroaches!)... I like to think of myself as a "collector", but I'm definitely hovering near that fine line where collector turns HOARDER...







6 ~ I was almost 41 yrs old when I had my first baby... sometimes I feel like the oldest Kindy mum on Earth... especially when one of the staff refers to me as "Grandma"... or I have to squat down to help at the playdough table... and get back up again...




7 ~ I thought I had a great sense of humour... I think it left me just over four years ago to go on an extended holiday... I sometimes get a postcard to remind me of how things were...



8 ~ I suffered from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome years ago... we still have our little battles but I vowed I'd never let it win again...


9 ~ I don't like bananas, mangoes, honey or humidity... pretty much all else goes... except for offal... good thing I don't live in Queensland... though I do LOVE macadamias...


10 ~ I've wanted to travel to Egypt since I was a young child... and it's still one of the places in the world I haven't seen... yet... but Italy, particularly Venice,  is calling me back too... and Scotland...and... and... and...


No comments: